What would it be like to make the world a better place by helping sell products of beauty and meaning? In a career at Wisteria, that's exactly what you'll be tasked with doing. Every day we work to connect artisans around the world with our customers, non-profits, and employees, doing our little part to create a mutually beneficial worldwide community. If you like that idea and think of yourself as innovative, creative, collaborative, and kind towards others, you might just find a home at Wisteria.
Wisteria seeks a Graphic Designer to play a crucial role in the marketing team of a youthful and creative organization. Reporting to the Assistant Art Director, the Graphic Designer will assist in developing and executing "The Look" of Wisteria; help manage the workflow of design and production and ensure that both images and copy are correct for final production; work closely with the copywriters, in addition to the marketing team, photography team, other designers, and the Creative Director; and will be integral in executing the cross channel collateral feel of all marketing materials.
Specifically, the Graphic Designer will:
- Help facilitate the creative process from concept through production displaying proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Design for digital marketing (email, web, social media), retail collateral and signage, marketing collateral, and print ads; art direction for photography
- Balance tight deadlines with great design
- Communicate with copywriters to ensure design matches the voice of the brand
- Help coordinate and strategize workflow with the Assistant Art Director
- Assist in other design related projects across all channels
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate for the Graphic Designer position at Wisteria will have the following experience:
- 2+ years in design, graphic arts, and production
- Strong design, layout, typographic skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and adaptive to change
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Degree in graphic design, visual arts, or a related field
The ideal candidate for this position would have an interest in home décor.
- Self-Starter – Motivated to Make A Difference and Build A Powerful Brand in a New Medium
- High Tolerance for Ambiguity - Able to Deal with Ambiguity. Shape Uncertainty into New Ideas
- Driver - Ability to Multi-Task and Deliver on Key Outcomes within Budget and On-Time
- Motivated - “Fire in the Belly”
- Tenacity - Treats Failure as a Learning Opportunity
- Outcome Oriented - Pride in Delivery of Positive Outcomes
- Business Partnerships - Pride in Creation of Improving Communications with Customers
A competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary and profit sharing will be offered, including medical, dental, and other benefits. Please send resume and cover letter to Phyllis Glickman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to your portfolio or attach digital portfolio samples.
If you would love to sell furniture and home decor for a company that wants to make the world a better place, Wisteria may have a spot for you. We need full-time and part-time associates who match our sense of style to sell products of beauty and meaning in our twenty-thousand square-foot retail store. Send your resume to email@example.com or apply in person (on the corner of Mockingbird and Cedar Springs, just south of Love Field).
Wisteria, a growing and dynamic catalog, website and retail store of antiques and decorative items for the home and garden, is searching for energetic, professional, and dedicated Interns for the following departments: Merchandising, Product Design and Development, Finance, Visual Merchandising, or an exceptional entrepreneurial business mind for possible internship with our Leadership. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, communication skills, and a creative spirit. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.