What would it be like to make the world a better place by helping sell products of beauty and meaning? In a career at Wisteria, that's exactly what you'll be tasked with doing. Every day we work to connect artisans around the world with our customers, non-profits, and employees, doing our little part to create a mutually beneficial worldwide community. If you like that idea and think of yourself as innovative, creative, collaborative, and kind towards others, you might just find a home at Wisteria.
Careers at Wisteria
If you would love to sell furniture and home decor for a company that wants to make the world a better place, Wisteria may have a spot for you. We need full-time and part-time associates who match our sense of style to sell products of beauty and meaning in our twenty-thousand square-foot retail store. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person (on the corner of Mockingbird and Cedar Springs, just south of Love Field).
Interactive Technical Marketing Specialist
Wisteria is looking to hire an Interactive Technical Marketing Specialist to join its expanding marketing organization. Reporting to the Director, E-Commerce, the Interactive Technical Marketing Specialist will have a high profile position in the company, focused primarily on creating and managing customer databases and data, executing data driven email marketing campaigns, performing customer segmentation and targeting, overseeing the implementation of website product content, and measuring customer ROI on email campaigns
Specifically, the Interactive Technical Marketing Specialist will own the Company’s execution of email marketing campaigns, will work to develop the email segmentation and targeting strategy, and will analyze data to optimize the email marketing strategy. The Interactive Marketing Specialist will also be responsible for coordinating website content to drive revenue, with an emphasis on product placement, optimizing site design, and executing successful onsite promotions and perform ad hoc customer and promotion focused analyses.
In addition, the Interactive Technical Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing database marketing campaigns and programs that will increase customer engagement, average order values, and conversion rates. The person in this role will assist in data segmentation, buying behavior analysis, and other data analysis initiatives possibly to include primary customer research and analysis.
Success in the role is about building a new capability in how the Company utilizes customer data to optimize email marketing and website performance. Being supporting of the organizational culture at Wisteria to get things done will be a key tenant as well.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate for the Interactive Technical Marketing Manager role at Wisteria will have the following experiences:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing large data sets
- Exposure to email platforms like Silverpop and desire to expand skill set in email marketing
- Strong familiarity with Internet tools and technologies, including email service providers, shopping cart software, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, etc.
- Ability to create, query, manipulate, and analyze complex databases using tools such as SQL, Filemaker, MSFT Access, etc.
- Strong Proficiency in MSFT Office tools, including strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access and tools for presentation of data and trends
- Some working knowledge of HTML and other related Internet tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or computer science preferred, with significant exposure to marketing and modeling techniques
- Exposure to online marketing, with an emphasis on email marketing and eCommerce content management
- Exposure to Direct Marketing techniques, including catalog, direct mail, and email marketing
- Organized and Goal Driven Self-Starter – Motivated to Make A Difference and Build A Powerful Brand in a New Medium
- High Tolerance for Ambiguity – Able to Deal with Ambiguity. Shape Uncertainty into New Ideas
- Driver – Ability to Multi-Task and Deliver on Key Outcomes within Budget and On-Time
- Motivated – “Fire in the Belly”
- Tenacity – Treats Failure as a Learning Opportunity
- Outcome Oriented – Pride in Delivery of Positive Outcomes
- Business Partnerships – Pride in Creation of New Business Partnerships that Impact Customers
The position is based in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and at Wisteria Headquarters in Farmer’s Branch, TX.
A competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary and profit sharing will be offered, including medical, dental, and other benefits.
Contact Phyllis Glickman at PGlickman@wisteria.com. Please provide a resume and cover letter with your submission.
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for all aspects of the product life cycle within the assigned vendor group. Core ownership areas include:
- Determine quantities to buy according to Open-To-Buy guidelines at a department, class or item level
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and future product assortment as it relates to the general marketplace, including trends, price and quality; react accordingly to impact sales and gross margin.
- Write, detail and follow-up on purchase orders and delivery timelines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Establish quality control standards for new products. Work with vendors and inspector teams to assure quality control standards are met.
- Perform product testing as needed.
- Provide pertinent product information to cross-functional partners (Creative, Customer Service, Store, Logistics, etc). This can include dimensions, packaging information, shipping costs, production time, QC standards, care instructions, assembly instructions, etc.
- Assure all product samples are ordered and arrive at our warehouse in a timely manner.
LEADERSHIP AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Successfully develop and train three direct reports in alignment with company and departmental responsibilities and priorities.
- Serve as a leader within the department and across the company in regard to product knowledge, quality, and sales metrics.
- Manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize departmental responsibilities and vendor communications.
- Strong analytical skills- must be able to assemble and interpret data, problem solve and deliver insights and recommendations.
- Solid communication skills- ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization as well as with external vendors across the world.
- Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level.
- Strong computer skills- including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment while managing multiple work streams simultaneously.
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive.
- Perform market analysis and competitive shop to assist in the development of future merchandise strategies and assortments.
- Analysis for specific vendors and product:
- Revenue and margin
- Compiling and reviewing new and existing product sales
- Prepare new buys and reorders
- Markdowns and stock levels
- Retail changes and cost changes
- Analyze overstock to determine a solution for moving through non-productive merchandise
- Find proactive solutions to support continuous improvement for key department metrics: in-stock rate, backorder, returns, quality concerns, etc.
2-3 years applicable work experience required. Contact Phyllis Glickman at PGlickman@wisteria.com. Please provide salary requirements, resume and cover letter with your submission.
Wisteria, a growing and dynamic catalog, website and retail store of antiques and decorative items for the home and garden, is searching for energetic, professional, and dedicated Interns for the following departments: Merchandising, Product Design and Development, Finance, Visual Merchandising, or an exceptional entrepreneurial business mind for possible internship with our Leadership. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, communication skills, and a creative spirit. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please send your resume to email@example.com.